Thursday 30 June 2016

Our feature in PRAIRIE STYLE Summer 2016!


 Hello Friends!

As you may remember we did a photo shoot a while back of our old farmhouse & orchard. The exterior shots will be featured in the upcoming issue of Country Sampler's Prairie Style Summer 2016! It was so fun working with Interiors & Lifestyle photographer Robin Stubbert again, I love seeing her work her magic! It's amazing the way she can capture a moment. When taking photos inside you can create lighting if need be but when working outside however, it's a race against time! I knew Robin had limited time to get some specific shots as the sun seemed to be going down quickly and I was in a panic! I remember trying desperately to get ALL of my family to do what they needed to do for the camera and of course when I had 5 of them doing it the 6th person wouldn't be, or someone would be missing all together and have gone back into the house! KIDS!! Oh it was a crazy night! Total chaos! Lots of fun though looking back! LOL       

                                                  link to Robin's website Robin Stubbert

                                          
I had made caramel & pecan apples and they kept melting and I was so upset that they seemed so sloppy! I wanted the perfect candy apple! Once I saw the photos though I realized how perfectly imperfect they were just they way they should be because this was really just another little glimpse into my world and everyone knows that's just how I roll in the kitchen! At the end of the evening, when it was all said and done we were really happy with what was accomplished in such a short period of time. We just sat at our table and smiled. It was late into the evening and we realized we were starving! We already had the fire going so my husband threw some chicken on the grill. They got a little charred but we ate it anyway! My family is used to (my) char but poor Robin!  It was the first time she had ever experienced anything like that, the combination of working with such time restrictions and all that chaos of such a large family.

In the end some amazing exterior (and interior!) shots were taken and I am forever grateful for such keepsakes and memories. Thanks so much to Robin for her amazing photography and also to the fabulous Fifi O'Neill for choosing to feature photos of my home & family not once but TWICE in Prairie Style magazine issues. Interior shots from this shoot will hopefully find a home soon and when they do I will be sure to let you know!
~Mel
 
Visit Fifi Fifi
 
Order your early copy today!  Prairie Style Summer 2016


10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your home being featured. I love hte table outside. Is it weatherproofed? DOes it stay outside? If it is weathered proof how did you do it? Thanks, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. Thank you! No this table doesn't stay out, we just did that for the shoot but you could definitely keep a table out if you apply a couple coats of poly on it to seal it. Take care!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, a wonderful achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long awaited and can't wait to share in your creative home life rustic beauty. Love the outdoors Apple grove setting.
    Congratulations...Fifi was a doll to work with right?

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dore! I've only worked with Fifi through email! Lol I would have loved for her to come to the shoot that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. How lovely ! the photos are so charming ...Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your blog today and I am loving getting lost in it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thank you so much!! I don't post nearly as often as I'd like but I do what I can right now lol take care!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...