Wednesday 31 July 2013

Sweet Dreams!



My headboard REALLY needed a makeover!
It had this black swirly wrought iron looking type thing in the center of it when we first bought it YEARS ago.
I removed the swirly thing and was having SO MUCH trouble figuring out HOW to fill the hole!
It was horrible. I had not a clue how to fix it!

Then I thought about old tin tiles (which I LOVE!) The hubby mentioned they might be hard to cut and nail into the wood and also any tin tiles I had found so far were a little out of my budget. :(



 BUT THEN! I found these inexpensive plastic tiles. I figured I could just paint them to try to give them an old tin tile LOOK. 
I cut them to size and it was easy to do because they are made of plastic.
 I then painted them with MMS MP in grain sack. 
Then I distressed then with a sanding block.
Then I just tacked them on from the backside! 
And well, they turned out pretty good! 
  
                                            They certainly work for now!



Hope this inspires you!
Mel

14 comments:

  1. Looks great and I love the trunk at the bottom of the bed! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great and safer than old chippy paint over your head too. Brilliant! (having a tough time getting your word verification to work tonight.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks wonderful. Hmm, curious, where did you find the plastic 'tin' tiles?
    Hugs, gee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea!! Turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I've used these same plastic "tin" panels in my kitchen. Your bed turned out just lovely!

    Jeanette
    Creating a Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks marvelous and I wouldn't have known they were not tin tiles after you painted them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where do you get all of your amazing linen? Your furniture is covered, duvet on the bed. I'm so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! You always do such a great job with your creations.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your headboard looks absolutely beautiful. Love it ~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...