Wednesday 17 July 2013

~Home-made LAVENDER soap & BUTTER~











I decided to have some fun with the kids today.
I made home made lavender soap with the girls and butter with the son that agreed to so it! :D I purchased goats milk soap base from Michael's. We melted it in the microwave and added lavender oil and tiny pieces of lavender. I then poured it into a foil lined loaf pan and let it cool. Once cooled I cut it and wrapped it in pretty packaging. I just tore up some tissue paper and used twine to tie on a prig of lavender.
To make the butter I poured some heavy cream into a jar with a marble and vigorously shook it until it separated. My son tried for a few minutes but apparetnly his arm got sore! I tried to squeeze out as much juice as I could and added some salt-it helps preserve it and adds a little flava flava! I will use the buttermilk left over for pancakes tomorrow morning! It is GOOD!

9 comments:

  1. I can almost smell the lavender and I'll bet that your home has a wonderful and relaxing aroma.
    I love how you packaged your soap, too. That is very creative and stunning too boot :)
    Have a lovely week.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thanks very much! It smells great! I just added more to my post if you'd like to see it. :)

      Delete
  2. This looks amazingly easy and amazingly beautiful!!! Where did you get the package of soap formula? Michael's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I just added more to my post! check it out!

      Delete
  3. Oh I want that soap....its so pretty the way you wrapped it.....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to have found your blog! I am in love with lavender and have bought some lavender soaps but I end up never using them because I don't want to use any up! Now I can make my own (or at least try) and finally get to use lavender soap! I am new to the blog world so if you have a moment please visit my site and follow if you're so inclined! Thanks so much and I look forward to visiting you often!
    Khammany @ http://sweetinspiredhome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Who knew you could make butter in this way? And I do so love the soap too. I'll bet it smells heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Fun! I will have to try these with my daughter.Love pretty soaps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulous! I am going to have to try this! Your blog is beautiful and your home is amazing! I just wanted to ask you a question about featuring your and your blog...if you could...please email me at thecottagemarket@gmail.com I found you through Buckets of Burlap who i featured recently : ) Hope to talk with you soon! hugs...your newest follower! andrea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...