Saturday 22 March 2014

here an egg~there an egg

around here~most of the time~the chickens just kind of roam where they wish
now that it is spring~they are starting to lay more frequently
and that means~they lay where they wish
we find eggs all over around the place~the flowerbeds~under the kids play center~the recycle box!
but mostly they go and lay back in the coop
the kids love collecting eggs~my 11 year old son is a chicken whisperer
this was our breaky this morning
it was rather tasty!
we have had eggs for breaky almost every day this past week~
at some point I will NOT want eggs for breaky for a while
but when baking my recipes usually call for eggs
or we can sell some as well
HOW DO YOU EAT YOUR EGGS?

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog, and I might get some hens as well... that omelette looks delicious!
    Love from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we moved to Tillsonburg, it was my dream to have some chickens in the backyard. Sadly, the bylaws won't allow it. But I do love getting those free range Mennonite eggs around here! Nothing like a fresh egg - the yolks are so yellow and creamy. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Your eggs look deelish! I have to admit..i love my scrambled, but egg-in-a hole is my second choice.
    Happy day!

    All my heart,
    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...